Water softeners: the three key facts you need to know:
1. A water softener will save you money and make your life easier.
Almost everybody who installs a water softener looks back and thinks they should have had one years ago.
Switching to soft water instantly makes a bath or shower feel like a luxurious experience; your skin and hair will feel cleaner and softer.
But it gets better - you won't even need to clean the bath or shower when you've finished! You'll be surprised at how much time you have on your hands because your sinks, draining board, bath, shower guard and other bathroom surfaces suddenly require little-to-no effort to keep squeaky clean and free of chalky residues.
And it gets better still - at the same time your softener will:
- reduce your energy bills;
- reduce your shopping bills;
- protect your heating system and appliances, extending their lifetimes. The picture on the right shows how the heat exchanger on a modern combination boiler can scale up in a hard water household - this drastically reduces its efficiency and ultimately damages the boiler.
So a water softener will improve my life AND pay for itself? Yes, it really will!
2. Not all water softeners are the same.
Broadly, there are two types of softeners: single-cylinder (sometimes called electric machines) and twin-cylinder (sometimes described as non-electric).
Only a twin-cylinder softener can efficiently provide a continuous supply of soft water to your home.
The reason for this? It's very simple - just click here for a brief but full explanation.
So I'm better off with a twin-cylinder machine than a single-cylinder machine? Yes, it's that simple, which is why we recommend the TwinTec S4. There is no better water softener on the market.
3. Most homes can have a water softener.
Quality modern softeners are compact and efficient. They can usually be installed discreetly in a small cupboard, although the best location may depend on your existing plumbing. For more information just click here.